viernes, 29 de mayo de 2015

Diary Entry

In this task we have to write a diary entry based on a poem called "For My Grandmother Knitting"  by Liz Lohhead, we have to write as if we were in the place of the Grandmother, here is my diary entry, enjoy!

5th september 1946

Dear Diary,

 I just want to say that I'm not good at anything, my family ignores me, my grandchildren don't appreciate my knittings, and that's a hard work. But I'm only good at one thing, my passion since I was young, to Knit,  I can knit anything that you can imagine, plants, balls, pillows, but my skill is to knit clothes, for my grandchildren obviously. But even though they don't appreciate my work, I will continue knitting. I want to be young again and be a fisher- girl, be with my husband and forget all these family problems that I didn't use to have. I love my family but I can't stop knitting because it is something usual. OH MY GOD! I'm being selfish with them, I didn't realise. I have to obey them, they were trying to help me, but I still feel useless, sad and very depressed, I don't want to be like this anymore, how I wish I stoped being like this. But never mind, I will continue knitting, that makes me happy . I don't know what would happen if my mom, haden't tought me how to knit, and for me it was very easy because they are only three movements, I would make more clothes for my family even though they don't like it, it is my passion not theirs, I would be the same as always.

Kiss Connie






# To ilustrate my diary entry I live you some music...
















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario